College vs University

I was too much being spoon fed during my times in college, not only academically, but also relationships with my friends. After being into university for a couple of weeks, these are my conclusion.

1. People in college are friendlier (in a sincere way) than the one in university.
         You might be wondering why. Okay, as I've mentioned, maybe I was depending too much on my friends during my college time. ( too much of spoon fed I suppose) I was treated as a real friend when I was in college. ( Oh well, not everyone, but at least a couple of them) And now we are still keeping in contact even I am already not there with them.
         People in university, OMG. They are all also super friendly, but in a wrong way. I do not know whether you felt this way or not when you met a new friend. I SORT OF know who will really be my friend after talking to them a couple of times. Maybe this is nonsense for you, but BANG, it works for me. IN MY WAY.

2. Too much of masked face.
        It feels like going to a masquerade in university. Almost NO ONE tells you the truth. All sorts of smiling masks will be seen in there. I wonder if you know this chinese idiom, Keeping a knife under a great big smile. Even if you are not chinese I am sure you can figure this out right? People won't tell you id they likes you or not, not even on their face. Oh well, in my college time I do have haters (a number of them?!), but at least I know who doesn't like me and I can try my best to avoid them so that I don't trigger their anger. LOL.
        But in the university, DIFFERENT case. Like you or not, they will give you a smiley face, and then STAB you at the behind. How scary can this be? I DO NOT KNOW.
        One of my best friend said, (okay it's chinese idiom again) treat them exactly like how they treated you. But too bad la, I can't wear a mask on my face just like what they did. Because my face is too huge for a mask. LOL. And why must I fake myself for 5 years just to be the same with them?

3. Silence is no longer gold
       In the college, everyone (I mean almost everyone) showed their true colors. I clearly know my position in the class, do and doesn't, who likes me, who is the lazy one, and etc etc. Whenever I'm facing obstacles, just remain silent and do the best on the part I'm responsible of and TADAAAA problem solved. The next round we are gonna be good partners again.
      Maybe I am unfortunate, lol. Whenever I remain silence during group work, I got all the responsibilities. When you don't claim your responsibility before anyone else, you can be ready to kiss goodbye with all your private time, oh yes, including your personal study time. You will be doing EVERYTHING.
     People in college interpret silence as gold, people in university interpret silence as; wow this person can be bullied!

no matter how bad it is, atleast i still have them in my life. Thank you for coming into my life when I hit those depression.

Comments